Friday, October 9, 2009

look left and look right. cross the road. hold my hand.

Today, was by all means, a good day.

Got a good night's sleep. Vacuumed my room (it's clean, finally!). Good hair day :) Retail therapy at it's best at salvos and church op shop; 3 dresses, a pair of trousers, one pair of the wickedest dark green leather shoes for about 20 dollars. Was bouncing about for most of the day quite happily. Oh and the church's op shop has the best changing room ever. In fact, anyone who comes visit me now will be made to stop by the shop just to see the dressing room. If it's my sis who comes down, i know she'll want a look around the place as well. You others might not be quite so happy to do so.

Nevertheless, the effects seem to have worn off somewhat and who can say why(?) without taking on the persona of some pretentious peanut who would tell me that the satisfaction and joy that comes from shopping is temporary cos it's shallow and whatnot. Unless you can think of something else to say...i'm sure you can finish the cliche yourself.

How angry and adolescent do i sound? And to an imaginary statement that an imaginary person MIGHT have come up with. Hmm. I AM feeling some resentment towards a non-imaginary person. Why? I can't quite say. Not cos i'm trying to spare anyone's feelings or anything. I just honestly can't quite put my finger on it. I just know that you make what i do and how i feel seem so petty and i don't know how you do it, but i'd like to learn. I don't think this should only go one way.

Hokay, I'd like to blame the way that i am right now on the fact that i'm tired. And so i will. I am the way i am right now because i'm tired. It's too much effort pretending to be perky and happy to an empty room. No one will appreciate it so i'll save it for when i need it.

Off to try put myself in the right disposition to sleep. i.e. happy enough to be at ease, but not so that i push past the ease into crazy "WOOHOOO LET'S DO SOMETHING" mode. It's a fine line at this point.

And really, i'm not as angry as i sound. Or maybe i am, i can't quite tell myself. But it's nothing to worry about :)

Oh, and i love the straightforwardness of the question "what do you want?"

And how i'm never able to get away with making excuses with you. Somehow, you make it impossible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment